The JEFF Grants Committee meets on the fourth Thursday of every month from 7:30pm to 9:30pm. Our group consists of parents, community members, and staff of Jamieson School. Previous grants have sustained our programs, bought needed materials and supplies, purchased technology, and improved our physical environment. We could always use more help. Being on the committee involves researching available grants, writing, and providing input. Grant experience is not required.
Previous successful grants have included:
- Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.: $1,500 for microscopes for our new science laboratory (October 2015)
- Target Foundation Grant: $3,000 awarded to fund an Urban Gateways Arts performance for all of the students in the school. (August 2014)
- Lois Lenski Covey Foundation Grant: $3,000 awarded to purchase novels and multilingual books for the school library. (November 2014)
- Triangle Printing Grant: $600 awarded for printing, and banners to promote Jamieson School events. (June 2013)
- Lowes Toolbox for Education Grant: $5,000 awarded for campus enhancement which included new trees, native plants, and benches. (May 2013)
- EZ Corp: $2,500 awarded to support health and wellness for children and families at Jamieson School. (December 2012)
Join us and make a difference! Email the chair of the committee, Simona Grabowski, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.