The JEFF Grants Committee meets on the fourth Thursday of every month from 7:30pm to 9:30pm. Our group consists of parents, community members, and staff of Jamieson School. Previous grants have sustained our programs, bought needed materials and supplies, purchased technology, and improved our physical environment. We could always use more help. We work with teachers to make sure that our grants are supporting their educational objectives and bringing resources our students need to learn and grow. Being on the committee involves researching available grants, writing, and providing input. Grant writing experience is not required.
Recent successful grants have included:
- Big Green Chicago: Learning Garden infrastructure and support valued at $35,000 (February 2018)
- Lowe’s Toolbox for Education Grant: $5000 for standing desks in classrooms (January 2018)
- Lowe’s Toolbox for Education Grant: $5000 for classroom technology (January 2016)
- Donor’s Choose, Chicago Federation of Teachers, & Target Field Trip Grant: $2100 for trolley field trip to celebrate Chicago’s cultural diversity (Fall 2016)
- Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.: $1,500 for microscopes for our new science laboratory (October 2015)
- Target Foundation Grant: $3,000 awarded to fund an Urban Gateways Arts performance for all of the students in the school. (August 2014)
Join us and make a difference! Email the email@example.com for more information.